Rotterdam, the Netherlands: 3 – 4 September 2022, 0:00 CEST
Younger folks from all over the world are gathering in Rotterdam to form the International Objective on Adaptation. The International Middle on Adaptation and its Youth Advisory Panel are convening the primary International Youth Adaptation Summit to carry collectively younger leaders, decision-makers and consultants for an important youth gathering on adaptation forward of COP27.
Individuals of the two-day program will be part of capacity-building workshops within the area of management and adaptation, observe keynote speeches by consultants within the area of local weather motion, and deliberate in working teams on a written consequence of the primary International Youth Adaptation Summit, to be introduced to the Associates of GCA Excessive-Stage Dialogue and on the Pre-COP27. As well as, the Summit is a platform to trade experiences in implementing adaptation options with younger folks from all over the world. The Summit shall be concluded with a shared meal by younger leaders and high-level dignitaries within the area of worldwide diplomacy.
By bringing younger folks’s views on adaptation to COP27, the International Youth Adaptation Summit is contributing to the targets of the Glasgow Sharm el-Sheikh Work Program.
The International Youth Adaptation Summit goals to:
- Promote the consideration of youth inputs within the evaluation of the International Objective on Adaptation by bringing collectively younger leaders and decision-makers.
- Facilitate the trade of younger folks’s experiences in adaptation motion, advocacy and policy-making from the all over the world.
- Speed up adaptation motion by showcasing youth-led climate-resilient options, together with the YouthAdapt winners.
All through 2022, seven Regional Youth Adaptation Boards are happening all over the world culminating within the International Youth Adaptation Summit to assist establish youth’s suggestions on reviewing and implementing the International Objective on Adaptation. These suggestions shall be shared with GCA’s CEO Prof. Dr. Patrick Verkooijen, H.E. Ban Ki-moon and President Macky Sall of Senegal, on the Associates of GCA Excessive-Stage Dialogue. As well as, the outcomes shall be introduced to decision-makers in a publication on the Pre-COP27, thereby putting younger folks’s views on the coronary heart of the UN local weather negotiations.
Dedication: Youth shaping the International Objective on Adaptation
Younger leaders chosen to participate within the Summit shall be required to have interaction in adaptation efforts of their communities main as much as and after the Summit, by means of:
- Advocacy efforts to boost consciousness of local weather change adaptation.
- Engagement with decision-makers and policy-makers to current youth views.
- Replication of consultations to establish gaps, wants and alternatives.
Applications are open to younger folks curious about shaping the worldwide adaptation agenda, and studying from younger leaders from all over the world. Particularly, younger folks already dedicated to implementing local weather options on the native, nationwide, regional and worldwide stage are inspired to use. To attenuate the carbon footprint of the Summit, solely individuals ready attain the Summit by prepare shall be invited to hitch in-person.
For individuals residing outdoors of the Netherlands and inside Europe, there are a number of scholarships accessible to cowl lodging and journey to the Summit. These curious about being thought-about for a fully-funded spot can register their curiosity within the utility kind.
GCA welcomes and values the contributions that people who establish as members of marginalized communities carry to the environmental motion, and encourage Indigenous folks, folks of colour, ladies, folks figuring out as LGBTQI, members of ethnic minorities, immigrants, younger environmental/human rights defenders, and folks with disabilities to use. We acknowledge that this listing is neither exhaustive nor consultant of the intersectionality(ies) which may be current inside every particular person and the communities they might be a part of.
For finishing up the choice course of and choosing the invited younger leaders, the next standards are utilized:
Candidates are requested to share and focus on their expertise pertaining to local weather motion and associated domains together with, however not restricted to:
- Expertise within the area of implementing local weather options.
- Familiarity with policy-making and decision-making processes.
- Reference to youth organizations/networks of their communities.
- Their motivation for taking part within the Summit;
- Their motivation for persevering with to form the worldwide adaptation agenda after the Summit has taken place.
- The applicant should be between the age of 18-35 on the time of utility.
- If chosen, the applicant should be accessible to totally attend this system
- Should be accessible to participate in 1 digital preparatory name in August 2022
- Individuals becoming a member of in particular person should be capable of talk in English
Application is open by means of the shape on the prime of this web page. The deadline for utility is 10th July 2022.
The occasion may have a hybrid format with an in particular person gathering in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. The working language shall be English. For individuals becoming a member of on-line interpretation might be supplied.
10th July 2022: Deadline to submit utility for participation
1st August 2022: Announcement of chosen candidates
August 2022: Preparatory assembly
3rd – 4th September: International Youth Adaptation Summit
The primary International Youth Adaptation Summit is organized in collaboration with youth organizations, together with the Worldwide Affiliation of Students in Agriculture and associated Sciences, and the Local weather Weak Discussion board.