The YSEALI Professional Fellows Program (YSEALI PFP) is a two-way U.S. Division of State alternate program designed to strengthen people-to-people ties between younger leaders from Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam, and the US. By way of intensive fellowships designed to broaden their skilled experience and improve their management capabilities, YSEALI PFP gives rising Southeast Asian leaders with the chance to realize first-hand experiences in, and publicity to, U.S. private and non-private sector places of work engaged on a wide range of points. The 2023 YSEALI PFP is deliberate as a hybrid program, which is able to embrace digital actions and an in-person U.S.-based Institute.
- Be residents and present residents of one of many eleven YSEALI international locations;
- Be rising leaders in authorities, civil society, or the personal sector who’ve demonstrated experience pertaining to the respective theme for which they’re making use of;
- Be 25 to 35 years outdated at the beginning of this system, presently employed and have two or extra years of related skilled work expertise;
- Be self-directed with demonstrated management and collaborative abilities and capable of work successfully in a cross-cultural setting;
- Be capable of determine an goal/mission of their very own choice that the applicant want to implement of their dwelling office or neighborhood;
- Have demonstrated proficiency in written and oral English.
This system is run below 4 Institute Themes:
1. Civic Engagement
2. Financial Empowerment
3. Governance and Society
4. Sustainable Growth and the Atmosphere.
Candidates shall be instructed to rank themes so as of choice on their software.
The PFP Cycle Data
The YSEALI PFP shall be administered in two cycles in 2023. Please be aware that this name for software is for each cycles. Candidates will solely take part in a single cycle and might point out their most popular cycle of their software.
There shall be one software for all 4 YSEALI PFP themes and two program cycles, with in-person programming tentatively scheduled in 2023: for April-June (cycle 1) and September-October (cycle 2). Candidates will have the ability to choose their most popular theme and program cycle within the software.
- Cycle 1: February – April 2023, hybrid program digital actions happen; April – June, 2023, cycle 1 institutes within the U.S.
- Cycle 2: June – August 2023, hybrid program digital actions happen; September – October 2023, cycle 2 institutes within the U.S.
How Can I Apply?
The appliance is scheduled to open from June 28 – August 5, 2022. All candidates will obtain an automatic affirmation e mail upon submission of the applying. The choice workforce will notify all candidates of their standing by e mail in late-December, whether or not they have been chosen to proceed to the following spherical of choice or they weren’t chosen.
Go to www.ysealipfp.org to be taught extra and apply right this moment!